1. What is your take on organic food , is it a big deal for you?
A. Yes and no. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and teaching others to “eat organic because it’s healthy” won’t help those who don’t eat healthy (fruits and veggies) in the first place. It takes time, persistence and practice to incorporate a new lifestyle. For me, it took nearly 20 years to appreciate a green vegetable. Give it time and hopefully it will resonate with you.
2. Do you time your breakfast, lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry?
A. I always prepare my breakfast at home and take it to work to enjoy (8am). By the time lunch swings around, I always wait until after 12pm, but always eat before 1pm. Now for dinner, I normally get home from the gym and cook right away. The latest I will ever eat is 7:30pm, after that is too late for me.
3. What inspired you to write a food blog?
A. Who doesn’t love to eat? Over the past four years I found a passion in researching food, cooking for myself as well as my family, understanding how certain foods effect my body, and sharing recipes! And of course my family & friends who kept hucking me to do it after supplying them with numerous snapchat and instagram photos.
4. You try a new recipe and it does not turn out good, what will you do ?
A. Give it a thumbs down on my pinterest find. Of course I comment on WHY it wasn’t good, what I would add/take away. I never want to leave anyone in the dark.
5. Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
A. Wasabi (yuck!), flour (always find a substitute or use oats), sugar (self explanatory, we do NOT need 25g of sugar for one cookie, thanks).
6. Name three things you have to use in most recipes?
A. Garlic, salt and onion.
7. How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
I grew up eating together as a family. Therefore, I find it very important. My sister and I will eat with one another, or if I eat earlier than her (more often than not) she will sit with me. If she is eating and i’m not, I will sit with her.
8. You do not like a particular dish at your favorite restaurant, what will you do?